Advance your skill set through extensive, post-graduate training and obtain internationally recognized IFOMPT credentials
Currently, there are three programs in Canada that are recognized and accredited by the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physiotherapists (IFOMPT).
CAMPT monitors these education programs to ensure they meet the standards of IFOMPT.
- Five levels of community-based coursework and examination, available regionally across the country
- Courses include theory in advanced orthopedics, manual skills, clinical reasoning, and case-based learning opportunities
- Manuals and course objectives uniform across Canada
- Written and OSCE examinations (written, case, and practical)
- Two to three years on-line and on-site program conducted as learner is working full time.
- Emphasis on applying advanced clinical skills, evidence-based practice, outcome evaluation in advanced clinical reasoning in OMPT.
- Clinical courses will be facilitated or mentored by leading Canadian experts or CPA certified clinical specialists.
- Assignments and OSCE that align with Physiotherapy specialization processes.
- Individual research projects with opportunities for first authorship.
- Must have Ortho Div Level 2 completed to apply, must complete Level 3, intermediate practical exam/equivalents with required mentoring hours to enter the specialty
- OMPT courses.
- One year, distance learning, university-based program
- Includes courses in advanced orthopedics and manipulative therapy, research methodology, a research project, professionalism, and clinical reasoning
- Nine weeks of on site clinical skills at Western Written and OSCE examinations (written, case, and practical)
- Must have Ortho Div Level 2 completed and required mentoring hours for application
Once you have completed one of these programs, you can register to become a fellow of CAMPT and realize the benefits of the CAMPT-Certified program.