Submission Procedures for the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT) International Monitoring (IM) External Assessor (EA) Reports
Canada’s IFOMPT accreditation is granted to Canada as a Member Organization (MO), and to the country as a whole – not to individual educational institutions (EI). If one EI does not make accreditation, all of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapists (CAMPT) and Canada is considered not accredited.
The EI is allowed to review the EA report prior to submission to CAMPT.
The full EA report AND summary must be submitted to CAMPT before or on the pre-determined IM report due dates.
Upcoming EA reports required by:
- March 31, 2018
- December 31, 2019
- EA must complete a full report including mapping document, and evidence to support the EA comments. This report must include evaluation of the EI progress towards current conditions and prospective conditions identified in previous IFOMPT standards reports.
- EA submits report to the EI for their review, comments and rebuttals. EI is allowed to submit extra documents, comments, or modifications that may address concerns that were identified in the EA report. This process may continue until both parties are satisfied that all report requirements have been adequately identified and addressed. For example reports and IFOMPT Standards Document please see helpful links below.
- EI takes final version of EA report and creates summary report of the documents. This summary must:
- Identify current condition(s) and evidence to support how the current condition(s) are being addressed,
- Identify prospective condition(s) and evidence to support how the prospective condition(s) are being addressed,
- Any changes to the current program and evidence to support why such a change was made.
- EI must submit the full EA report, EA mapping document, and EI generated summary report to CAMPT by the CAMPT identified deadlines, signed and dated.
- CAMPT summarizes progress of all EI, and creates full IFOMPT IM Standards Report including all above-mentioned documents for IM submission.
- CAMPT submits full IM repot to IFOMPT.
- IFOMPT Standards Committee reviews submission and gives CAMPT feedback to the organization as a whole, and individually to each EI. IFOMPT will identify any further current conditions or prospective conditions for each EI.
- CAMPT will create individualized reports for each EI indicating IFOMPT comments and recommendations directed towards each EI. This will include any outstanding or newly indicated current or prospective conditions.
- EIs must demonstrate planning and progress towards achieving outlined current conditions and prospective conditions by the next IM report period.
- Current condition: needs to be addressed immediate.
- Prospective condition: needs to be addressed at the next international monitoring submission.
- Educational Institutions (EI): educational programs that fall under the CAMPT umbrella for IFOMPT accreditation.
- External Assessor (EA): Unbiased third party previously agreed upon by CAMPT and the EI to create monitoring reports for CAMPT.
- International Monitoring (IM): Reports required by IFOMPT at pre-determined intervals for quality assurance of programming. These reports determine if IFOMPT accreditation is granted.
CAMPT is IFOMPT accredited. All programs that fall under the CAMPT umbrella are also considered IFOMPT accredited. To become one of CAMPT’s educational institutions, the institution must petition CAMPT. This is the only way any educational program in Canada may gain IFOMPT accreditation.
To petition CAMPT please see our Petitioner’s guide.
Example reports and IFOMPT Standards Document helpful links:
- IFOMPT Standards Document
- IFOMPT International Monitoring
- IFOMPT Standard Compliance Training
- IFOMPT Standards Committee Glossary of Terms