Advance your skill set through extensive, post-graduate training and obtain internationally recognized IFOMPT credentials
Currently, there are four programs in Canada that are recognized and accredited by the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physiotherapists (IFOMPT).
CAMPT monitors these education programs to ensure they meet the standards of IFOMPT.
- Five levels of community-based coursework and examination, available regionally across the country
- Courses include theory in advanced manual and musculoskeletal physiotherapy, clinical reasoning frameworks, exercise prescription, in-person practical skills and case-based learning opportunities
- Blended learning delivery model consisting of synchronous/asynchronous online learning, in-person clinical skills and mentorship requirement with FCAMPTs
- Updated resources, e-manuals, and course learning objectives uniform across Canada
- Written and OSCE format examinations (written, case, and practical)
- Two to three years on-line and on-site program conducted as learner is working full time.
- Emphasis on applying advanced clinical skills, evidence-based practice, outcome evaluation in advanced clinical reasoning in OMPT.
- Clinical courses will be facilitated or mentored by leading Canadian experts or CPA certified clinical specialists.
- Assignments and OSCE that align with Physiotherapy specialization processes.
- Individual research projects with opportunities for first authorship.
- Must have Ortho Div Level 2 completed to apply, must complete Level 3, intermediate practical exam/equivalents with required mentoring hours to enter the specialty
- OMPT courses.
- One year, distance learning, university-based program
- Includes courses in advanced orthopedics and manipulative therapy, research methodology, a research project, professionalism, and clinical reasoning
- Nine weeks of on site clinical skills at Western Written and OSCE examinations (written, case, and practical)
- Must have Ortho Div Level 2 completed and required mentoring hours for application
- 2 year (part-time) program of study; learners may continue to work full time
- Can be used as credit toward MRSc (longer program)
- Blend of online learning, on-site clinical skill labs, and mentorship with FCAMPTs
- Three in-person clinical skills blocks at UBC totaling 7 weeks
- Clinical reasoning and skills in manual therapy and exercise are integrated with orthopaedic and pain sciences
- Opportunity to pursue and publish an individual research project
- Must have Ortho Div Level 2 completed to apply
Once you have completed one of these programs, you can register to become a fellow of CAMPT and realize the benefits of the CAMPT-Certified program.Why would a physiotherapist want to become CAMPT-Certified?
Join our CAMPT-Certified program.